Manual Handling Training: For New Staff
This one day comprehensive course provides the candidate with a clear understanding of the theoretical aspects of safe, effective manual handling within the clinical setting.
For further information about this course, please contact Elite Training Associates on 01202 296108 or email email@example.com
A pre training Health and Safety Assessment will be carried out by our fully qualified Manual Handling Instructor prior to commencement of the manual handling training.
This course is suitable for staff new to the health care industry or for staff who are out of date and returning to practice after a period of absence
• Introduction to the principles of effective manual handling techniques
• Exploration of anatomy and physiology of the spine
• Principles of carrying out safe and effective practice
• Risk factors, minimising risk and principles for work place assessments
• The value and importance of workplace assessment
• Demonstration of correct manual handling techniques - lifting loads from low levels/working at low levels/lowering from height/pushing loads/pulling loads/carrying/team handling
• Legislation and policy in relation to manual handling, health and safety, infection control
• Health and safety at work Act
• Accident and incident reporting
• Supervised practical session and assessment of competence
• Care of the patient / client
• Role and responsibility
Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and underpinning knowledge required to undertake safe manual handling in the workplace
To safely apply knowledge and skills to the practice setting whilst working within current legislation.
This course is suitable for:
All staff new to the healthcare setting
Individuals returning to practice after a period of absence